15 reasons to visit the Greek islandsVika
There are almost 6,000 islands and small islets on the territory of the Greek state, so it is not surprising that there are many interesting places to visit. Traditional culture and rich nightlife, fresh produce, and stunning beaches - you can find it all in one idyllic journey. Here are 15 great reasons to visit the Greek islands at your earliest convenience.
1. The charming blooming village of Assos on the island of Kefalonia.
2. Dishes from the freshest seafood on the island of Naxos.
3. The magnificent Porto Katsiki beach, located under the rocks on the island of Lefkada.
4. Stunning sunrise on the island of Mykonos.
5. Ruins of the ancient acropolis on the island of Rhodes.
6. The excellent beaches of Zakynthos, including the rocky Navaggio called the "shipwreck beach".
7. Secluded taverns and quaint mini-hotels in Paros.
8. Peace and quiet in Hydra, where there is no car transport or even scooters.
9. Modest but beautiful hotels on Skopelos Island with incredibly picturesque views.
10. Seaside taverns and mountain eateries in Lesvos, the main pride of which is Ouzo - brandy with pineapple extract.
11. The unearthly landscape of Sarakiniko beach on the island of Milos.
12. Original medieval architecture in the village of Pyrgi on the island of Chios.
13. Epic trek to the Samaria Gorge, where amazing views of the island of Crete open up.
14. Bright roofs and white facades of houses in Oia, Santorini ...
15.… which is a real paradise for all cat lovers, who are full of them.