14 colorful historical photographs that open a window to the pastVika
When we open up regular history books, all we see are boring old black and white photographs that seem to have been taken so far away from us. This is probably why we always forget that people were really real then, with their own joys and sorrows. To make us feel a little closer to our ancestors and better understand their way of life, Internet users decided to add color to pictures taken in past centuries.
We invite you to go back in time and take a look at these 14 color photographs that we have selected for you.
1. Elizabeth Taylor, 1956.
2. Otto von Bismarck, 1894.
3. Grace Kelly, 1954.
4. Marilyn Monroe, 1951.
5. Clint Eastwood, 1956.
6. Walt Disney with Donald Duck, 1951.
7. The Beatles, 1962.
8. Miss America, 1924.
9. Woman in a dress with polka dots, New York, 1946.
10. John Lennon and Yoko Ono, 1972.
11. Welsh boy with a lamb, 1936.
12. Mark Twain, circa 1883
13. Drinking fountain in Central Park, New York, 1942.
14. Mata Hari, 1910.