13 absurd facts that will unsettle you
Categories: Animals | Habit | Lifestyle | Nature | News | People | Psychology | Science | WorldBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/13-absurd-facts-that-will-unsettle-you
The abbreviation "OK" is not an accidental expression and has its own amazing origin, and obviously, the place where the flamingos bend their legs is not actually the knee.
We're overwhelmed by our predictably unpredictable planet and can't wait to reveal some absurd facts that might shock you.
1. Hummingbird eggs.
2. Flamingos bend their legs at the ankle, not at the knee.
3. Your toilet is 7 times cleaner than your phone.
4. Dolphins call each other by their first names.
5. Scientists are not entirely sure why we yawn, but it can help regulate our body temperature.
6. "OK" comes from the incorrect spelling of the phrase "everything is correct."
7. Ostrich eggs are the largest of all eggs. They are more than 20 times the weight of a hen's egg.
8. Lemon - 70% sugar, and strawberries - only 40% sugar.
9. Sea cucumbers defecate and breathe through the anus.
10. People could walk on water on the moon.
11. Stomach acid can dissolve metal.
12. Bumping your head against a wall burns 150 calories in one hour, and a hug burns 70 calories.
13. Snails have thousands of microscopic teeth.
Keywords: Facts | Animal nature | People | Interesting | World | Society
If the 60s of the twentieth century were associated with the beatnik subculture, the 70s with the hippies, then our generation will ...
We present to your attention a selection of the best photos from the first International Drone Photography Competition. In May this ...
Very interesting photos showing the collision of two worlds - advertising and reality - presented in his project called ...
The Spanish city of Tarragona hosted the 25th competition for the construction of "living towers" - castels. More than 30 ...
Did you know that one fifth of all known human mammals — bats? Or that kangaroos are funny and clumsy, ' cause can't move one leg ...
Monica Lee is not a photographer, which is probably hard to believe when you look at her "photographic" work. Instead of ...