11 myths and misconceptions about fitness that will surprise youPictolic
When you want to bring the muscles in tone, lose weight or improve your mood, you decide to do fitness. Unfortunately, there is a lot of information that will not help you to achieve your goal — or even hurt. For example, what is better for weight loss — exercise or diet? Is it true that the marathon is good for your health? The answers to these questions might surprise you.
1. To lose weight fast, the most important thing is to train.
2. Weight training turns fat into muscle.
3. The only time to exercise is early morning.
However, some research suggests that early training helps to speed up weight loss.
Also, daylight plays an important role in weight loss. Synchronizing our internal clock, or circadian rhythms, with the natural, we are helping to speed up the metabolism. According to the results of a recent study, people who enjoyed the sun for the first two hours after waking up, was thinner than those that received no natural light, no matter what they ate during the day.
4. Women should not lift weights, and that they have formed a male figure.
5. A few minutes on the treadmill will start the process of fat burning.
6. Keeping a food diary is a reliable method of monitoring what you eat.
Even if we try to more consciously relate to what we put in your mouth and how active are life, we tend to trust themselves more than they should.
"People tend to overestimate their physical activity and underestimate how much food they consume, says Philip Stanforth, a scientist from the University of Texas and Director of the fitness Institute of Texas. — Everybody always think that work out more and eat less".
7. To lose weight, you must reduce the consumption of carbohydrates and sugar.
"We're talking that went on a diet, that implies that we from her tears. That's the whole point," says Philip Stanforth.
8. To run a marathon — the best way to become slim and fit.
A quick run from five to ten minutes a day can bring the same health benefits as Jogging for hours. In fact, the people who run less than an hour a week (if they run every day) receive the same benefits for the heart, as those who run more than three hours a week.Recent studies indicate that short intense exercise can bring the same health benefits as the long grueling classes and they have fun!
9. To do once or twice a week enough to stay fit.
"It is best to do at least three times a week, says Shawn arent, a scientist from Rutgers University. — In fact you need to do something every day, and by "something" I mean a physical activity — just move".
10. Isotonic drink Gatorade is the best drink after a workout.
After a workout, experts recommend to take about 20 grams of protein (of any origin) and drink a lot of water.
11. If you stop to engage, you will need at least two weeks in order to lose shape.
In most cases, the muscles start to disappear within a week without regular classes.