11 celebrities who proved that beauty can be differentBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/11-celebrities-who-proved-that-beauty-can-be-different
Most of us think that to be successful, you need to have a perfect appearance. However, many stars prove otherwise.
We are sure that a bright personality, talent, and ambition are much more important than beauty as an integral part of success.
1. Hugh Laurie thinks he's far from being perfectly handsome and that actors shouldn't pay so much attention to how they look. According to him, until the actors shine like New Year's garlands, the audience will not see a real movie.
2. Eva is far from being an ideal beauty, but she managed to achieve recognition thanks to her peculiar appearance and talent.
3. Benedict Cumberbatch compares his face with the alphabet, consisting of all consonants - hard, angular, nervous. “At first I was afraid that they would not notice me, but over time I realized that the place where I am now can only be earned by skill.”
4. Björk: “The only time I don't like myself is when I'm tired. If you show me two pictures, one of me ugly and the other haggard, I'll only worry about the last one."
5. It's hard to imagine the outrage caused by the choice of Daniel Craig as the new James Bond. Fans of the franchise have criticized both Craig's acting talent and, of course, his appearance. However, Daniel proved them all wrong with his outstanding performance, becoming the highest-paid Bond ever.
6. The most beautiful elf in the world was teased at school with names like "maypole" and "toad" for her big mouth. Cate Blanchett herself thought she had tiny eyes and terrible ears.
7. Nature did not endow Vincent Cassel with an ideal appearance, but the villains he plays are so charismatic that one cannot help but feel at least some sympathy for them. This Frenchman is actually very good at playing the bad guys and the look is sure to attract women.
8. She is not afraid to experiment with her looks and stand out from the crowd. The actress jokes that her best roles are those where she is not quite a woman. Hilary Swank never dreamed of being a beauty. “I was 16, and I confess that at that time I was very worried that I was no longer a girl, a child, but a young woman. That I must look and act in a way that pleases others in order for me to be successful. All this worried me so much.”
9. People often think of Javier Bardem as a tough guy because of his rough looks and this makes him very upset as he is a really thin and shy person. Be that as it may, the audience thinks that he does not have unsuccessful roles and that he does not act, but lives on camera.
10. Tim Roth invariably makes fun of his appearance, saying: "I'm a very unattractive person" or "Let's admit that I'm not Brad Pitt."
11. Of course, Sarah Jessica Parker knows that she is not beautiful in the usual sense. But she doesn't worry about it, being a confident and successful woman.