10 most unexpected and exotic services in hotels
Categories: WorldBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/en/article/10-most-unexpected-and-exotic-services-in-hotels
In hotels, in addition to bed and breakfast, you can get many additional options: from a companion fish to walking with lions. After reviewing the offers of hotels around the world, we have collected for you the most exotic and unexpected.
(Total 21 photos)
Room for sobs
1. In the Japanese hotel chain Mitsui Garden Yotsuya, from March to the end of August this year, an unusual offer is valid: “The Wailing Room”. The room is offered to be rented by women who want to get rid of stress with the help of tears. To create the right atmosphere, clients are provided with a dozen sentimental films, including the melodrama Forrest Gump with Tom Hanks, Japanese manga comics, books with a sad story, and soft cashmere napkins.
After cleansing sobs, the hotel offers to make a steam hydromassage eye mask and use a heating pad. "Crying is a happy privilege for a woman," the network's website states. Accommodation in the “sobbing room” is possible only in solitude, the price is 10,000 yen (4400 rubles).
2. The British hotel Happy Guests Lodge in Cheshire has taken care of those who need to communicate: it rents goldfish for 5 pounds (430 rubles) per day.
Owner Geoff Riley claims the service is a great success and, after publications in the world media, calls his pets "world famous". “Many of our guests spend many days away from home,” he explains. “The one who travels without company can suffer from loneliness, and the fish gives them unconditional love, you can talk with her and express everything that has accumulated after a hard day.”
Accommodation class "homeless"
3. In the Swedish city of Gothenburg, the Faktum Hotel invites you to feel like homeless.
4. For 100 SEK (677 rubles) you can spend the night in the park, under the bridge near the highway and near the river, at a closed paper mill or under a cart in the port.
5. Accommodation is possible in a sleeping bag, a homemade tent, on a bench, cardboard boxes, newspapers - there are ten options in total to choose from. In this way, the hotel is trying to draw attention to the problem of the homeless, of which there are about 3,400 people in the city.
6. You can rent a place for a rooming house for yourself or as a gift to a friend - the money goes to help the poor.
11. Swissotel in Berlin sells guests Deep Sleep, a package that treats insomnia, depression and even helps to lose weight. This is a set of procedures developed by German somnologists based on scientific data on healthy sleep. It includes: a 30-minute morning bright light treatment session, an invigorating herbal energy drink and aromatherapy, a daytime rest on a special physiotherapy bed and evening treatments to promote sleep (inhalation of mountain air, lavender and geranium scents and a relaxing herbal drink). The owner of the Deep Sleep package falls asleep on an audio pillow that recreates binaural beats that are beneficial for the brain. The price of the service is 199 euros per night.
12. The Canadian Drake Hotel has a wide range of pleasant services: in addition to romantic "rose petals", chocolate and wine, customers are offered an assortment of sex toys to choose from in the room.
A section titled "Pleasure Menu" lists a dozen and a half accessories, ranging from a "naughty, cheeky suede whip" to a "flare feather train" to tease and tickle. Naturally, all sex toys are disposable, costing between $8 and $600.
13. The world's first perfume bar has opened at the Ritz Carlton in Berlin.
14. Customers are offered a wide range of cocktails based on world famous flavors by local bartender Arnd Heissen. Drinks repeat the scents of Giorgio Armani, Yves Saint Laurent, Guerlain and other popular brands.
15. It is noteworthy that the recipes are not kept secret and are described in the "perfume menu". The price for a cocktail is 11–14 euros.
16. The AKA Central Park hotel chain resembles an adult camp. Program Live It! means that you, while living in a hotel, will learn everything that you didn’t have time for in ordinary life: learn to dance tango and make chocolate soufflé, you will take lessons in painting, theater, circus art, surfing, horse riding and photography.
From exclusive offers: a sleep school, sound therapy and the Reboot program, which includes a wide range of services - from rejuvenation procedures to a complete change in appearance.
17. Several hotels in the Netherlands, including the Carlton Ambassador, provide help and support for couples seeking a divorce. Usually the family arrives on Friday, during the weekend DivorceHotel specialists help them settle all the legal, economic and psychological aspects of the divorce: come to an agreement on the division of property, child custody, properly draw up all the documents, stay friends. Ideally, by Monday, the guests are leaving, being divorced and happy.
The creator of this service, Jim Helfens, plans to expand the number of hotels with which his company cooperates to a global scale. The service is already available in New York. The cost of a divorce in the US this year is about $5,000 (€4,500) and depends on the complexity of the case.
Walk with the lion
18. South African hotels have their own exotics. In the Limpopo province of South Africa, near the city of Polokwane, there is a Protea Hotel Ranch Resort offering a unique option - a walk with lions.
19. Close contact of tourists with predators takes place under the supervision of a guide who has 15 years of experience with lions. Walking with wild cats, according to the organizers, attracts the attention of people from all over the world, has good recommendations from their customers.
20. However, while squeezing lions, one should not forget that in Tanzania alone, about 70 people die every year from the attacks of the kings of beasts. Although hotel lions have become accustomed to humans since childhood, caution does not hurt.
Departure to Nirvana
21. In Nicaragua, at the Mukul Beach Hotel, Golf & Spa (Rivas), you can experience the ancient Ayurvedic rituals that were practiced by Indian and Tibetan hermits and sages. The menu of procedures that help cleanse the aura, enlighten and transition to nirvana includes massage of active points on the face, herbal wraps, traditional Ayurvedic massage and the sacred ritual "shirodhara" with an effect on the so-called third eye. You can choose all the options at once - this procedure is called "Nirvana - indulgence."
Most people strive to achieve excellence in their professional field - some reach the top of their careers in adulthood, but others ...
Selfies are the main trend in photography of the last two years for sure. Everyone takes pictures of themselves - celebrities at ...
An elite island resort in Indonesia has been recognized by Travel + Leisure as the best hotel in the world in the annual ...
Tokyo, the capital of Japan, is considered one of the most expensive cities in the world according to a recent study by the travel ...
Conde Nast Traveller magazine has ranked hundreds of the best hotels in the world, and a luxury hotel on the island of Saint ...
Wristwatches can tell a lot about their owner. For some, they are a sign of status and wealth, while for others they are a sign of ...