10 most ambitious skyscrapers
Categories: Design and ArchitectureBy Pictolic https://pictolic.com/article/10-most-ambitious-skyscrapers
In mid-November, the final of the International Highrise Award skyscraper competition will take place. While the jury is deciding who will be the winner, we decided to recall the 10 most striking and memorable skyscrapers. Already built or only at the project stage.
(Total 19 photos)
Bosco Verticale, Milan, construction completed in 2014
1. Studio Stefano Boeri has created a truly unique building. Skyscrapers are considered to be symbols of globalization and technological progress. But in this project, the architects showed how important it is not to forget about the origins and take care of nature.
2. 480 trees of medium and large size, 250 small shrubs, 11,000 climbing plants and 5,000 shrubs fit on two towers.
The White Tree, Montpellier, project
3. In the French city of Montpellier, the construction of this amazing tower will soon begin. Three architectural studios worked on the project at once - Sou Fujimoto Architects, Nicolas Laisné Associés and Manal Rachdi Oxo architects. The main idea is to convey the spirit and atmosphere of the city - the locals are very fond of spending time outdoors.
4. The tower will house not only residential apartments, but also shops, restaurants, an art gallery and a bar on the top floor, which will open an observation deck.
Shenzhen Campus, Shenzhen, completion date - 2016
5. Architectural bureau NBBJ presented a project for the construction of a 250-meter skyscraper in the Chinese city of Shenzhen. The building will become an office for 12,000 employees of the Internet company Tencent. Two towers with a height of 192 and 250 meters will be connected by golden bridges, which, like ribbons, encircle the skyscrapers.
6. Bridges will not only be connecting elements - they will house public spaces - libraries, conference rooms, sports courts, swimming pools and a gym for employees.
Organic Skyscraper, London, project
7. Inspired by the vegetation and bamboo forests of Asia, the architect Thomas Corbasson proposed to the audience the conceptual design of an organic building. The main idea is this - the upper floors will be completed from the household waste of the residents of the house. According to the estimates of the bold architect, the guests of the house will accumulate such an amount of unnecessary paper and glass that can be processed into building materials that in a year they will be able to completely decorate the facade of the house on their own.
Absolute Towers, Mississauga, completed 2012
8. When building these skyscrapers in the Canadian city of Mississauga, the architects from the MAD Architects bureau tried to avoid the usual linear forms characteristic of high-rise buildings.
9. In the fight against stereotypes, the architects created lively, dynamic towers that do not weigh down the urban landscape in the least. Two original skyscrapers, on the contrary, have become new points of attraction for city residents.
Terraced Twin Skyscrapers, Hong Kong, project
10. For the people of Hong Kong, skyscrapers are a common thing, you just can’t surprise them with a high-rise building. Employees of the Mexican design studio Cachoua Torres Camilletti did their best - the project they proposed looks like a frame from a science fiction movie.
11. The architects propose to make two high-rise buildings in the form of rice terraces, while the vertical rice fields will be interconnected by many bridges. The architects themselves understand that the huge costs of building such a building leave the project only in the status of a concept so far, but in any case they are happy to share their ideas of non-standard construction.
Zuellig Building, Manila, completed 2012
12. The premium office building has become the pride of the capital of the Philippines. The 33-storey building stands out from the rest with its original facade.
13. SOM architects and bureaus have built a modern building taking into account the need for rational use of natural resources - thanks to large and bright windows, employees of offices located in the building use artificial lighting to a minimum, and the building also has its own system for collecting and further using rainwater.
Renaissance Hotel, Barcelona, construction completed in 2014
14. Jean Nouvel's architectural firm, in collaboration with the Spanish firm Ribas & Ribas, built the Renaissance Hotel, a high-rise hotel owned by the Marriott chain, in the business district of Barcelona.
15. The main highlight of the 27-storey hotel is the windows in the form of palm leaves, which surprise not only passers-by, but hotel guests.
Endless City, London, project
16. Infinite City by SURE Architecture has already won the Skyscapers and SuperSkyscapers Competition. The scale of the building is such that it is planned to place a whole city with streets inside it.
17. The absence of a roof will allow natural sunlight to penetrate the building, due to this, visitors and residents of the house will not feel so close to the space. The open structure of the building also promotes natural ventilation and cooling.
DC Towers 1, Vienna, completed 2014
18. The construction of this tower by the architectural bureau of Dominique Perrault took twelve years.
19. It all started with the project of two skyscrapers, which would become the gateway to the new business district of Donau City. To date, the construction of the first of the two towers has been completed.
Keywords: Ambitions | Skyscraper | House | Building | Contest | ProjectPost News Article
Not all school years seem to be the best. Some children, unfortunately, face ridicule. Anything can serve as an excuse: taller than ...
The names of men, stars of mixed martial arts, are on everyone's lips. Things are much worse in women's MMA, where even the ...
Scientists are sure: men do not look at women's legs, this is a stereotype. Only for some reason the men themselves did not hear ...
Designed by renowned Swiss designer, architect and artist Heinz Julen, this stunning multi-level penthouse is located in one of ...
One day, for example, by winning big in the lottery, you can have them all! In the meantime, you can just look and dream, or choose ...
Moving to a new house or apartment is definitely one of the most exciting moments in life, especially for those who still can't ...