10 disturbing facts you probably shouldn't have shared
Categories: Animals | Lifestyle | Photo project | Science | Society | WorldBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/10-disturbing-facts-you-probably-shouldnt-have-shared
Of course, we can close our eyes to the dark side of the world. But it won't get any brighter. We would even say that we should, on the contrary, take the risk of going into the shadows. Into the unknown.
1. When x-ray technology first became widely available to pediatricians, they noticed an astounding number of broken bones. Puzzled doctors have suggested that this is the first time a previously unknown bone disease is being observed in children. It turns out we had no idea how common child abuse was.
2. Whales do not die of old age, they simply lose their strength to breathe air, they slowly drown.
3. Doctors used to perform heart surgery on infants without anesthesia. Fortunately, this practice has stopped.
4. In the past, urine was an ingredient in stained glass windows.
5. There are facial mites that live in your pores next to the hair follicle, feed on sebum, have no anus, and come out at night to mate on your skin. And there's nothing you can do about it.
6. Microplastics are present in everything you eat and drink. Even the air you breathe contains plastic.
7. One of the most toxic chemicals on Earth is organic mercury. The material safety data sheet notes that it has a slightly sweet smell, but at a concentration at which the smell becomes noticeable, the poison is already lethal. This observation was made by someone who would inevitably die from accidental exposure.
8. In order to save water, camel urine comes out as a thick syrup.
9. The fat of a drowned person turns into a soapy substance if he is underwater without contact with air.
10. Your bones are warm and moist.
Keywords: Facts | World | Society | Animals | Planet | Health | Photography | Risk | Life
— Hey, Chudra! Why did you leave the camp? — And the wrong gypsies have now gone… The wrong ones… are changing the ...
On Vozdvizhenka, in the building of the former department store "Voentorg", the flagship "Children's World" ...
At first glance, these hyper-realistic images look like photographs, but in reality they are carefully crafted charcoal drawings. ...
Man has a passion for competition. People have always sought to create an artificial, controlled environment in which they can ...
Waste and other debris is an integral part of the existence of any life on earth, but man leaves behind such a huge amount of it ...
This baby pictured was born in a hospital in East Surrey, England, 16 weeks too early. at the 24th week of pregnancy. What are the ...