10 Actors Who Chose Their Dream Body And WonBy Vika https://pictolic.com/en/article/10-actors-who-chose-their-dream-body-and-won1
Preparing for a role is almost never about memorizing lines and repeating them on camera. Actors often have to undergo dramatic physical transformations in order to better portray their characters.
We have collected for you 10 Hollywood stars who gave their all for the sake of films.
1. Zac Efron has certainly come a long way from a skinny teenager. His shocking transformation came to a head after he landed the role of a lifeguard on the summer hit Baywatch. To get a beach-worthy physique, he reduced his body fat to an extremely low level and pumped up with his onscreen buddy Dwayne Johnson before every shoot.
2. Chris Pratt swapped out his beer belly for 6 packs after shedding those extra pounds in 6 months. The actor needed to change a bit for his roles in the blockbuster sequels Guardians of the Galaxy and Jurassic World, which will likely keep him sticking to his new look for years to come.
3. Action men expect nothing less from their stars than to be in great shape throughout the filming process. To achieve the best results in Ant-Man, Paul Rudd needed to build a toned and athletic body by eliminating anything that gives pleasure from his diet and focusing on intense exercise every day for a year. After all, the hero's game is about sacrifice.
4. Mark Wahlberg had 2 months to train for his role as a bodybuilder in Anabolics: Sweat and Blood, and he was busy trying to catch up in size with his co-star Dwayne Johnson. He ate up to 10 times a day. Even though he has slacked off a bit, the hard work he put in is still visible every time he is on screen.
5. Chris Evans, who previously played a superhero, was not in a bad shape at all. But when he was cast in the iconic role of Captain America, he had to take things to the next level. The actor juggled food and workouts whenever he took a break from filming to build some more muscle.
6. Get up as early as 4 am, work out awesome in the gym, and then sit on an unappetizing diet. It's the routine that Ryan Reynolds had to follow every day to get his proper superhero look before cramming into the Deadpool costume.
7. On his way to becoming a superstar comedian, Kevin Hart's muscles grew along with his fame as he trained hard to make himself a real handsome man. His improved physical condition led him to be able to run marathons. Not only was his determination good for his overall health, it probably won't set him back in his future acting career either.
8. For his part, as Southpaw boxing champion, Jake Gyllenhaal just had to showcase a great physique. The actor was reportedly so keen on getting in shape that he increased his original three-hour workouts to six hours, which was likely also the reason his relationship ended at the time.
9. Responsible for bringing the image of Wolverine to life, Hugh Jackman followed a very strict diet in preparation for films that required insanely high-calorie intake and total elimination of alcohol and sugar. The star even had to dehydrate himself for a day or so every time he filmed a shirtless scene.
10. Since working on projects like Terminator Genisys and Justice League, JK Simmons has been completely dedicated to establishing a healthy lifestyle and achieving the best possible shape. The 62-year-old actor has lost incredible weight after a strenuous routine that few people his age have the strength and willpower to complete.